Leidos is seeking an IT and Communications Operations Manager within the Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) to manage the operations and maintenance of the Information Technology and Communications infrastructure for the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). The IT&C Operations Manager provides leadership and oversight of the IT&C Operations Teams and infrastructure to support the USAP mission.
This position is responsible for enterprise IT&C operations spanning eleven operating locations, including international logistic centers in New Zealand and Chile; three Antarctic research stations; and two ice-hardened research vessels. The IT&C Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight of a budget of over 10 million dollars and management of a staff of 58 year round surging to 85 in the Austral Summer. Functional areas within the IT&C Operations area include Network Engineering, Systems Administration, Help Desk, Desktop Support, Radio Communications, Telecommunications, Antenna Rigging and Satellite Engineering. This position requires an engaged, customer-focused individual adept at IT&C service delivery and improvement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Oversight of operations and maintenance of IT&C Infrastructure
- Supporting the evolution of IT&C services
- Maintaining service uptimes and metrics
- Supporting the integration of cybersecurity into IT&C Operations
- Development of service improvement strategies
- Driving knowledge continuity through data systems and documentation
- Oversight of the IT&C Operations budgets
- Identifying technology trends/opportunities and developing new services
- Providing integrated support of systems engineering and projects
- Collaboration with all areas of the USAP to ensure service continuity
- Active engagement in the IT&C service and infrastructure life-cycle
- Routine reporting and status delivery
- Staff selection and retention
Travel time expected for this position is up to 10% and may include short-term (2 to 3 weeks) deployments to Antarctica.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field
- Master’s degree in an IT field preferred, but not required
- 10 years of experience in the field of Information Technology
- Prior USAP experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, technical knowledge, and strategic perspectives
- Mature writing and communications skills
- Ability to discuss technical concepts with non-technical collaborators
- Aptitude for customer engagement and customer relationship management
- Project management concepts and experience
- Business process identification and analysis
- Mature understanding of IT services framework and cybersecurity
- Proficiency in Earned Value financial processes and budget management
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment will be required in this position. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.