The Defense Group at Leidos has contingent openings for Journeyman Field Service Technicians to work Afghanistan. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support of the Base Expeditionary Targeting Surveillance Systems – Combined (BETSS-C) FMV Program.
- Execute BETSS-C equipment calibrations and preventive/corrective maintenance in both garrison and field environments.
- Make direct liaison with active US Army, US Army Reserve, and US National Guard units to conduct operator and sustainment level maintenance.
- Interface directly with original equipment manufacturers for external support or maintenance actions that exceed contractor capabilities.
- Execute master work schedules and provide direct input into an automated logistics management system for work performed, work to be performed, and all equipment technical data as required.
- Conduct equipment shelf life management, configuration management of software and hardware, and calibrations.
- Interface with training staff as necessary to facilitate equipment maintenance training to program stakeholders.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Responsible for tracking assigned maintenance activities and keeping the program management team appraised of progress and issues.
- Will ensure all intervals of preventive maintenance are completed as scheduled and all corrective maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Enters all maintenance actions into the applicable work order tracking systems and works closely with the logistics support personnel for tool, consumable, or
- replacement part requisitioning.
- Responsible for guiding and training junior FSTs and overall technical support of the subordinate team.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Interface with military units and conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance site visits.
- Use an automated logistics management system to generate, track, update, and close out maintenance work orders, provide reporting as required, and maintain accountability of property.
- Load and unload trucks, receive materials, wrap, label, and ship equipment and supplies.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, calibrate, and perform quality control for BETSS-C equipment.
- Conduct shelf-life and warranty management for BETSS-C equipment.
- Complete inspections of unit equipment and open and track work orders.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Conduct equipment inventories.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of relevant technical experience. 8 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Relevant and recent BETSS-C systems training and maintenance experience at the journeyman-level.