The Leidos AIE team has an opening for APM for Integration. This opening is a will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of Access Control Systems (ACS) for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center. The position will lead our Tier 2 support team and also our system build team at our Lakeside facility.
Responsible for performing as the lead for managing the process of building, integrating, testing, conducting a joint inventory of all AIE system prior to shipment to the field. The responsibility includes coordinating with the Fielding manager for due dates to be shipped by and also coordinating with the APM for Logistics on material to build, integrate and then to process for shipping. The Tier 2 team will support Trouble Tickets that are escalated to them by the Tier 1 Help Desk personnel and will work with other SME’s and the customers to resolve problems within the SLA timelines. The Tier 2 personnel will be available 24x7. Tier 2 personnel will make entries on the Trouble ticket system to annotate actions taken and status.
Primary duties include:
- Leading and managing the T2 SME Team and the Build Teams.
- Receive the Bill of Material for a site from the APM for Logistics team in the warehouse and begin the build and integration process for AIE-58, AIE-Pure Fleet, and AIE-3+/4 systems in designated workspaces in Lakeside.
- After systems are built the AP will coordinate the conduct of testing and the joint inventory. The JI will be witnessed by the Government representative.
- All of the above action must be managed, scheduled and have oversight to meet the desired shipment date set by the DPM and Fielding Manager.
- Responsible for the tracking of orders to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to PM, DPM and FM. Upon receipt, Goods Receipts are generate, equipment is accounted for and stored by site in the warehouse. Responsible is to ensure that equipment is moved into the integration center in a timely fashion for integration and at the conclusion site material is kitted and shipped by the required date.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the two teams to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Monthly Status reports with regard to Trouble Tickets
- Provide updates to the DPM and Fielding Manager on the status of builds
- Prepare/Provide information for and present at the monthly IPT program meetings with the Government
- Ensure proactive engagement in Incident Management process, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of network service outages
- Generating various reports as needed
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Must have a desire to learn and work within a team environment and have up to 10 years of experience to include experience and knowledge of
- configuration management of large IT programs, managing technical teams, customer care operations ability to work with customers and experience Project Management experience working on large IT programs
- Experience in leading project teams to include integrated product/project teams (IPTs) and working with customer/Government IPTs
- Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
- Ability to travel to Army installations 10% of the time
- PMP certification
- College coursework and/or degree in project management, IFSM, or business administration are desired. Work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Microsoft related certifications and product certifications and Security+ desired but not required.
- These positions are “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Lakeside facility in Edgewood MD.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.