Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Senior SharePoint Systems Administrator, will be part of a SharePoint Operations Team providing technical expertise, training and support for all aspects of SharePoint and Project Server infrastructure to include expertise, design and implementation of SharePoint and Project Server. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of SharePoint based application architectures in an Agile development environment. Main responsibility will be in development of SharePoint web applications. The web based application architectures include web applications, web services, and database operations.
The candidate will apply an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis or across a major sector of the enterprise. Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions. Perform enterprise wide strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis. Perform process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools; such as Integrated Computer-Aided Software Engineering tools. Apply reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop migration strategic and planning documents. Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
Under the direction of the Wintel Engineer Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting with deployment and sustainment to include technical challenges for software and hardware configurations.
- Assist on plans manages and executes all phases of SharePoint/Project Server systems development life cycle, with emphasis on design, development, documentation, administration, implementation and maintenance.
- Provides technical direction for performing software development tasks and reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to design standards (e.g user requirements, proof of concepts, information taxonomy, and etc).
- Ensure accurate translation of technical specification into program specifications; identifying user requirements, proof of concepts, metrics reporting and custom components.
- Serves as a point of contact between the customer and the internal stakeholders to help define business inefficiencies. Proposing innovative solutions for enhancing business processes.
- Ensures the SharePoint and Project Server infrastructure is managed to fulfill business needs (e.g. ongoing maintenance and upgrades).
- Coordinate deployment and manage projects related to deploying new features and improving the quality of services of custom in-house and MS SharePoint based technical solutions.
- Perform SharePoint, Windows and SQL monitoring and log analysis, as well as document configuration, procedures, and policies.
- Install, upgrade, and patch multi-server SharePoint farms.
- Configure and troubleshoot SharePoint service.
- Configure and troubleshoot SharePoint security groups, permissions, and settings.
- Work with Database Administrators to configure and monitor SharePoint database servers.
- Design, implement, and test effective SharePoint farm backup and recovery processes.
- Automate installation, maintenance, monitoring, and operations activities through PowerShell scripting.
- Collaborates using agile project management, through daily team standup meetings and bi-weekly sprint planning & review meetings.
- Responsible for development and will act as a lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 12+ years of progressive experience in Windows Systems Engineering or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with administration, support, and development with Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and 2016.
- Experience installing and configuring SharePoint 2013 and 2016 with a thorough understanding of all aspects of SharePoint installation, configuration, and architecture.
- Experience with MS SQL Server, design and development of MS SQL Server databases, familiarity with best practices in relational database design, data warehousing, stored procedures, and T-SQL
- Experience with Nintex Workflow and Forms.
- Experience with AvePoint and Gimmal.
- Experience with Office Web Apps/Office Online Server.
- Experience with o365 offerings.
- Experience with .NET development using SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Excellent Communication Skills, ability to meet with users to translate loosely defined analytic needs into visualizations.
- Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- SharePoint certifications
- Microsoft based certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.