Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the SharePoint Systems Developer, will be part of a SharePoint Operations Team providing technical expertise, training and support for all aspects of SharePoint and Project Server infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for providing enterprise-level IT software development to include design, development, administration and testing of a SharePoint and Project Server based application architectures in an Agile development environment. Main responsibility will be to plans, manages and executes all phases of SharePoint/Project Server systems development life cycle, with emphasis on design, development, documentation, implementation and maintenance.
Under the direction of the Wintel Engineer Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Plans manages and executes all phases of SharePoint/Project Server systems development life cycle, with emphasis on design, development, documentation, implementation and maintenance.
- Provides technical direction for performing software development tasks and reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to design standards (e.g user requirements, proof of concepts, information taxonomy, and etc).
- Ensure accurate translation of technical specification into program specifications; identifying user requirements, proof of concepts, metrics reporting and custom components.
- Coordinate deployment and manage projects related to deploying new features and improving the quality of services of custom in-house and MS SharePoint based technical solutions.
- Perform ongoing maintenance tasks, including patching of core application and 3rd party tools.
- Troubleshoot reported issues from end-users and other support vendors.
- Assist with front end development tasks including workflow development.
- Ensures the SharePoint and Project Server infrastructure is managed to fulfill business needs (e.g. ongoing maintenance and upgrades).
- Work with Database Administrators to configure and monitor SharePoint database servers.
- Automate installation, maintenance, monitoring, and operations activities through PowerShell scripting.
- Collaborates using agile project management, through daily team standup meetings and bi-weekly sprint planning & review meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 8+ years of progressive experience in Windows Systems Engineering or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Extensive experience with development with Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 and 2016.
- Experience with .NET development using Visual Studio.
- Experience with administration, support, and development with Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and 2016.
- Experience with SharePoint front end and workflow development.
- Experience installing and configuring SharePoint 2013 and 2016 with a thorough understanding of all aspects of SharePoint installation, configuration, and architecture.
- Experience with Nintex Workflow and Forms.
- Experience with AvePoint and Gimmal.
- Experience with Office Web Apps/Office Online Server.
- Experience with o365 offerings.
- Experience with .NET development using SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2012, design and development of MS SQL Server databases, familiarity with best practices in relational database design, data warehousing, stored procedures, and T-SQL.
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Excellent Communication Skills, ability to meet with users to translate loosely defined analytic needs into visualizations.
- Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- SharePoint certifications
- Microsoft based certifications