Leidos has an opening for an energetic, motivated, self-starter for an entry Software Developer position to support the High Fidelity Simulation business area developing state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems.
Candidate will develop software for Tactical Signature Guidance (TSG) systems, including sonar tactical decision aids (TDAs) across multiple code baselines.The candidate needs to demonstrate the potential to troubleshoot complex software systems plus a willingness to learn new programming languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and apply new skills
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results
- Be able to work in an agile team environment supporting a staff of 80+ personnel
- Be able to multi-task, change gears quickly, and immediately execute emergency requests
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking
- Be able to communicate clearly (both orally and in writing)
- Demonstrate attention to detail in writing (i.e. accuracy in spelling, grammar, punctuation, document editing, proofreading, checking data submissions, and understanding content)
U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance required for employment.
- Experience in an object oriented programming language, such as C++ or Java
- Familiar working with other JVM languages, such as Scala or Groovy
- Familiar with DevOps tools and associated processes
- Familiar with agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and SAFE
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.