Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to work on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). In this position the engineer will manage projects for the development and certification of spaceflight hardware and also periodically perform sustaining tasks for CMC hardware (i.e., diagnostics, tools, stowage, restraints, laptops, cameras, etc.) in support of NASA's Johnson Space Center International Space Station (ISS) program. The team works with commercial software such as IBM Maximo, MS SharePoint, and Creo Parametric, in addition to CMC custom software. Support of tests and other activities may be required outside of normal working hours.
- Manage hardware development projects to certify, flight-configure, and deliver new hardware for spaceflight
- Create and maintain project resource-loaded schedules in MS Project Professional
- Develop basis-of-estimates (BOEs) for new work
- Author work orders, non-conformance reports, internal/external customer presentations, designs, and trade studies
Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and at least 5 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience using MS Project, IBM Maximo, MS Sharepoint, and Creo Parametric
- Knowledge of CMC sustained Flight Crew Equipment (FCE) hardware, custom tools, and processes
- Experience with project management of NASA spaceflight hardware systems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience with ISS Processes for hardware development, anomaly resolution, configuration management, quality assurance, design, requirements/verification, materials, safety, cargo processing, disposal, manifest, hardware downgrade, toxicology (i.e., SSP 41170, SSP 41173, SSP 30233, SSP 50835, SSP 50021, SSP 50200)
- Experience in planning and tracking project labor, material, and product deliverables for projects
- Experience working with multi-discipline teams and customers
- Experience with presenting technical and financial project status to large groups such as technical NASA boards
- Formal training or certification for process improvement events (Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Just Do It…)
- Experience in creating Basis-of-Estimates for new projects as well as Cost Accounting Management and Earned Value
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident, the background investigation could take 12-18 months to complete.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.