Leidos is seeking a Senior Construction Manager, who will be lead construction management for the Antarctic Infrastructure and Modernization for Science (AIMS) project for the United States Antarctic Program. Projects range from civil work, utilities construction, facility construction, renovation, repairs. Construction efforts will be a mix of self-performed and subcontracted work, but will be primarily focused on coordination with Leidos general contractor for AIMS.
The position is based in Centennial, CO and requires periodic and perhaps multiple deployments to Antarctica in a single year. It is anticipated that the Sr. CM will deploy each season, typically during the Austral Summer (October - June). Deployment may sometimes be required during other time-frames as required. Total deployment time is expected to be approximately six weeks per year.
The Sr. CM will collaborate with other construction managers, and project personnel in the development and review of upcoming construction efforts related to AIMS. This includes the development of new, and review of existing resource loaded schedules, and development of material takeoffs for self-performed work. The Sr. CM will work with the construction managers, engineering staff, planning and controls, and project managers to ensure that designs are complete, materials are procured, and resources are identified and hired as required to meet project requirements. The Sr. CM will also work with other construction personnel, engineering, Leidos general contractors, and other Stakeholders on constructability reviews and in developing innovative approaches to building design/construction for Antarctica. The Sr. CM in conjunction with the project manager will work with Safety to ensure project safety plans are thought out, and meet OSHA and other applicable safety standards and requirements. The Sr. CM will be responsible for ensuring coordination and communication among the various AIMS projects, science, and sustaining activities, including; coordination of construction phasing, construction laydown, traffic control, and utility outages and cutover plans. The Sr. CM will be the main point of contact for construction activities under AIMS. The Sr. CM will report directly to Construction Management Manager, but will have close interaction with AIMS Project Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Directly responsible for the execution of self-performed project construction, along with coordination and success of Leidos general contractor’s performed work.
- Ensures construction activities follow project plans, specifications, applicable codes, and project schedules.
- Keeps relevant project managers and others informed of project status, issues, and incidents for the project.
- Coordinates and ensures planning and coordination for availability of equipment, tools and materials required to execute self-perform scopes of work.
- Coordinates and assists in planning and estimating required to support construction estimates, schedules, and procurements. This may include schedule development, design reviews, constructability reviews, development of material take-offs and “bills of materials” based on engineering design drawings and project specifications, and development of cost and labor estimates
- Responsible for change control during the construction phase of projects and for managing budgets tied to construction activities.
- Identifies required design and specification changes prior to construction, and utilizes the request for information process, documenting changes through engineering review.
- Participates in project meetings/teleconferences to monitor progress, implement procedures, ensure compliance with specifications and standards, and ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Reports project progress in relation to project schedules, and updates schedules at required intervals.
- Interacts with National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials in a professional and tactful manner, on an as needed basis.
- Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing, with subordinates as needed to relay information they need in order to be successful in their jobs. This includes, but is not limited to, staff meetings, performance appraisals, job requirements, projects, Quality Standard Procedures, and safety practices.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the job site.
- Performs other duties as required.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment to Antarctica is required in this position at the discretion of management. When required to deploy, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environmental, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, engineering, or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 15 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience managing projects over $20 Million.
- Experience executing construction projects in remote and logistically challenging locations.
- Experience managing large federally funded construction projects.
- Experience working as a construction manager or owners representative, working with a general contractor.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization of Project Managers, Construction Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Project Controls, and Drafters.
- Experience developing and reviewing project schedules for completeness and accuracy. Primavera and Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Ability to work with design consultants to facilitate design development and construction drawings, ensuring accuracy of bid documents.
- Advanced ability to plan, estimate, organize, and monitor projects.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.