We are looking for an experienced Transaction Attorney to provide legal support to our Commercial Energy Business. This is a great opportunity to support a growth business in an exciting industry while also working at a large, Fortune 500 company with an established law department. In this role, you will provide legal advice and counsel on a variety of issues, predominantly concerning contracts and commercial transactions including master service agreements, subcontract agreements, software license agreements, technology services agreements, engineering services and compliance.
The position can be supported from our HQs in Reston - VA or Orlando - FL.
Responsibilities will include:
- Draft, negotiate and interpret contracts with Leidos Commercial Energy customers, channel partners and vendors in accordance with company policies. Contracts include software, SaaS, engineering services, data subscriptions, licensing, non-disclosure agreements, development, distribution, strategic alliance, consulting and a wide variety of other agreements.
- Advise Operations Manager and other business leaders on legal and contractual issues. Act as a trusted business partner to help company achieve its strategic goals.
- Communicate effectively with business leaders to ensure contract reflects desired product or service with appropriate risk mitigation.
- Work on complex technology transactions, licensing transactions and/or related intellectual property matters.
- Participate in and provide advice on legal ramifications of client transactions, including revenue recognition.
- Advise business regarding customer and vendor disputes and prepare strategy for resolution.
- Oversee or manage disputes and litigation impacting Commercial Energy business.
- Respond to requests for legal advice from business management.
- Participate in legal department meetings and handle projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Perform other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Leidos Group General Counsel, Civil and other Senior Leidos Attorneys.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction.
- 5+ years of prior experience in law firm or in-house legal department involved in engineering services or technology matters.
- Experience with software licensing and information technology consulting services agreements a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary: negotiation; cooperation; diplomacy; strong planning; organizational and coordinating skills, and strong internal consulting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines with a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Substantial experience advising clients on a broad range of legal and contractual issues impacting business transactions. Skilled at building business relationships and gaining trust of internal clients
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking, as well as superior time-management and organizational skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.