Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Division currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to provide onsite and remote support for multiple manned aerial ISR platforms to our customers at CONUS and OCONUS locations. We are looking for motivated self-starters who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. Selected candidates will participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including systems analysis/requirements definition, design, development, integration, testing, acceptance/deployment, sustainment/maintenance, and evaluation. Experience with Satellite Communication Systems is preferred.
This position is located in Bridgewater, VA and requires 25% CONUS/OCONUS travel.
- Utilize Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to provide solutions to a variety of problems, establishing Standard Operating Procedures, creating and maintaining documentation, and training materials in accordance with established configuration management, safety and quality assurance processes.
- Manage the full life cycle of mission systems to include researching, design, procurement, cataloging, installation, testing, and maintenance of Satellite Communications Equipment in support of the division’s Quick Reaction Capability mission.
- Collaborate with team members, government customers, and vendors to facilitate operational improvements and provide reach-back support to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, documentation distribution, sparing, and health reports.
- Perform moderately complex duties in administering satellite communications systems, including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting assigned devices and software
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be a US Citizen and have an active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Security+ certification required within six (6) months of hire date.
- Possess or be able to obtain a FAA Class II Medical Certificate or military equivalent
- Able to obtain a passport and visa to travel internationally based on operational need
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, ISR sensors, requirements tracking, testing or validation.
- Willing to work long, irregular hours in hardship and hazardous locations when OCONUS
- Successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training
- Be willing to fly for extended periods
- Be capable of lifting and carrying 40+ lbs for short distances
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience writing technical documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and creating training materials.
- "Hands-on" experience developing, integrating, and configuring systems for Airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Prior military Airborne ISR and flight operations experience
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.