Leidos has a carrer opening for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in support of our Integrated Missions Operations business, located in Reston, VA.
In this role, you will be responsible for overall Operation technical innovation, differentiation, and strategy to include technical solutions for priority captures, management of the Operation’s internal research and development (IR&D) portfolio, and support technical performance on major programs. Other responsibilities include program excellence actions and readiness reviews for captures (including, organizing and supporting BRR, TRR and XPRs).
Our IMO business is helping to manage and operate large Department of Energy (DOE) facilities, modernize Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, systems, engineering, logistics and security across a wide range of federal civil customers by offering transformative mission-focused IT, rapid and secure software solutions, managed services, engineering and environmental services, master planning services, expert logistics, mission support services and cybersecurity solutions. We also support a number of environmental remediation, restoration and cleanup efforts for the Department of Defense (DoD), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and DOE customers. Primary customers include DOE/NNSA, National Science Foundation (NSF), USACE, USAF, and US Navy.
• Closely partnering with Operation management to ensure the Operation’s technology strategy is aligned with the organization's strategic plan and is reflected in the business development plans, along with active participation in ongoing Operation strategic growth campaigns
• Consult with business leadership on potential solutions to customer’s recognized and unrecognized problems and barriers
• Be an active participant in the Capture Process to include shaping solutions, technological differentiators, workshop participation, writing and reviewing proposal material, and providing content to improve our PWin
• Participate in the definition and implementation of the long-term technology strategy aligned to the Operation, Group, and Corporate technology strategy, and the Operation, Group, and Corporate goals
• Meet with current and potential customers to demonstrate the company's credentials at solving problems with technically-sound solutions
• Enable integration with the broader IR&D and drive new and developing technologies into existing programs
• Seek partnerships with strategic suppliers, renowned universities, and research institutions to increase learning opportunities, sponsor research projects that take IMO business solutions to the next level, and where possible, showcase developing technology both internally and externally
• Be the chief collaborator for all technical matters external to the operation and to any other organization within Leidos, and internal to Operation management and the Operation engineering leadership
• Responsible for identifying new technical talent, and the development and mentoring of a set of mid to senior level technical staff
• Responsible for management and deployment of key technical talent
• Master’s degree in a Technology, Enterprise Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or Cyber Technology field with 15+ years of related Mission Operations experience
• Large capture and program experience with technical and programmatic leadership
• Mission Operations and Cyber domain experience; specifically IT technology related to Digital Transformation, Managed Services, Networks, Defensive Cyber Operations, Compute and Storage, Cloud, Application Development using Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps) techniques - all consistent with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Framework and System Engineering Best Practices
• Engineering skills to support and lead technical activities related to large DOE site management and operations (M&O), and environmental cleanup activities
• Prior technical roles within similar organizations with growing duties and responsibilities
• Knowledge of, and experience with, a large fraction of the Leidos IMO business customer base and potential competitors
• Experience with policy formation, performance management, and best practices in the Civil and Federal industries
• Thought leadership with ability to lead and shape strategic thinking and execution
• Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
• Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
• Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
• Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, providing preliminary technical guidance for solutions, competimate analysis, partnering suggestions, and Basis of Estimate (BOE)/Bill of Materials (BOM)/task cost estimation
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Top Management ENG
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.