Leidos is rated in LinkedIn’s top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. We offer opportunities to solve challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The AIMES Group is part of the Leidos Defense Group and has an opening for a System Integration/Administration Engineer to work in our Charlottesville, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity for potential candidates to use analytical skills and technical experience in the dynamic field of Full Motion Video development and deployment.
Consider this role if you have background in system integration/administration with emphasis on Linux, Windows, and VMware administration. You will be responsible for technical planning, systems analysis, system build and integration, systems administration, software validation, and customer field support to include occasional travel and work on customer site. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and under direct supervision within teams. The work will be accomplished across a range of direct contracts, internal research and development, and indirect tasks.
- Successfully deploy and maintain bare metal and VM clients, servers, and network systems
- Use remedial scripting and automation tools to automate tasks and create efficiencies across entire infrastructure
- Perform research as required to find solutions to simple and complex problems and incorporate emerging technologies into existing infrastructure to create efficiencies and optimizations
- Perform installation, configuration, and testing of newly delivered software for purposes of integration and release testing, and deployment to customer sites
- Create/Edit documents for system build, installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Perform system analysis to isolate faults in bare metal and virtual environments for purposes of performance optimization and catastrophe mitigation
- Work with AIMES Software engineers to ensure that all software is compatible with or meets customer security standards including the ability to work with CA signed certificates
- Create DRs, CRs, and OPS tickets to track software discrepancies
- Perform IT security tasks as needed
- Support simultaneous software releases and customer deadlines.
- Create, track, and update operations and help desk tickets using tracking software
- Ensure that all new AIMES and PICTE features and releases function properly within the customer’s environment to include Active Directory/LDAP Integration and other dependent subsystems
- Requirements elicitation, capture, definition and documentation for new capabilities and features associated with motion imagery processing, exploitation and dissemination (including mobile devices).
- Write technical content for maintenance manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least four (4) years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong MS Windows, Linux, and VMware system administration
- Experienced in systems integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex system problems
- Intermediate experience in Unix scripting and Power Shell
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Be able to obtain an 8570 Certification within 6 months of hire date
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within a dynamic work environment and the ability to multitask and organize work flows
- Experience with AIMES application suite
- Experience with Software development build tools and processes (Build Pipeline)
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, or Git, JIRA
- Experience with digital video systems and/or software
- Knowledge and/or experience with database administration, Java, Perl, or Python