Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the SQL Server Administrator/DBA, will be part of a Wintel Operations Team providing technical expertise, training and support for all aspects of SQL Server Development and Database Administration. The candidate will be responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of mission critical SQL Server database instances. Additional responsibilities include design, development, implement and testing of SQL Server Database architectures in an Agile development environment.
Under the direction of the Wintel Engineer Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Plans manages and executes all phases of SQL Server systems development life cycle, with emphasis on design, development, documentation, implementation and maintenance.
- Install, configures and maintains recent SQL Server versions (2016 and newer).
- Provides technical direction for performing software development tasks and reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to design standards (e.g user requirements, proof of concepts, information taxonomy, and etc).
- Ensure accurate translation of technical specification into program specifications; identifying user requirements, proof of concepts, metrics reporting and custom components.
- Extract/Transform/Load of data from various systems.
- Data warehousing and reporting.
- Assisting third-party developers with database support.
- Reporting on performance of the SQL Server environment, and software license and asset tracking for SQL Server instances.
- Perform ongoing maintenance tasks, including patching of database applications.
- Troubleshoot reported issues from end-users and other support vendors.
- Collaborates using agile project management, through daily team standup meetings and bi-weekly sprint planning & review meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 4+ years of progressive experience in Windows Systems Engineering or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Strong experience in installation, configuration and patching with recent SQL Server versions (2016 and newer).
- Experience in coordinating with users in gathering source data files, defining data elements, business rules, data and process flow documentation, prepare High level and Low level design documents.
- Strong experience with Database backups and restores.
- Experience in Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experienced in creating and using Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, User Defined Functions, Sub - Queries and Joins for complex queries involving multiple tables and exception handlers.
- Experience on Database administration like creating the roles, users and giving the permissions for the database, tables, functions etc.
- Experience with data extraction/transform/loading with SSIS or Web Services (SOAP/REST).
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting and monitoring SQL Server Performance tuning in SQL Server 2016 and up using SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Experience with Python/Visual Basic/C#.
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Strong experience with Data warehouse design/implementation.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Excellent Communication Skills, ability to meet with users to translate loosely defined analytic needs into visualizations.
- Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Microsoft based certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.