Leidos has a job opening for a Finance Analyst in Washington D.C Metro area to include the MD and VA areas.
Are you interested in joining an established entry-level professional program with the #1 Company on the Washington Technology Top 100 Contractors listing? Leidos, a Fortune 500 federal contractor with over $10B in annual revenue, is looking for top finance and business majors to be a part of our organization. As a member of the Leidos Finance and Business Operations Organization you will have a position with varying responsibility and scope that will challenge you and propel your professional and personal growth.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or less than 2 years of equivalent experience/combined education.
- Program Management (External Customer Focus)
- Key member of Program Management Team (Finance Business Partner)
- Provide external customer with highest level of customer service (walk through invoice, explain deliverables, solve issues, etc)
- Funding management (contract, subcontracts and other net open commitments if applicable)
- Program start-up and maintenance – ensure project setup process is executed correctly
- Develops, tracks and updates program baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline (Program Performance Management)
- Includes development and overall management of program EAC
- Earned Value Management (when applicable)
- Program planning & scheduling (when applicable)
- Analyzes contract actuals for accuracy, identifies errors, ensures errors are corrected timely in the source system (preferred) or through cost transfer (journal entry)
- Communicate issues to Program Management to prevent future errors
- Responsible for program financial customer deliverables (CDRLs)
- Initiate (prior to being at-risk), track and manage program SPAs when necessary and work with PM team to obtain contract/funding to close SPAs
- Support financial presentation for program or operational reviews
- Proposal support to pricing for proposals above TCPD threshold
- Pricing of on-contract proposals below the current TCPD threshold
- Financial Management (Internal Corporate Focus)
- Ongoing contract closeout activities during active contract performance
- Develop Financial EAC and required artifacts to support EAC position and present during quarterly EAC review meetings
- Financial Forecasting of Awards, Revenue, Op Income, etc:
- Develop programs annual operating plan
- Responsible and accountable for program financial forecast (monthly continuous and quarterly current forecast) **Closest to the Pin**
- Financial Risk & Opportunity management against financial forecast
- Variance analysis and reporting of actual program financial performance against AOP and rolling 6 quarter forecast
- Accountable for program billing (in coordination with Leidos Billing Team), cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Ownership of monthly closing process, validating awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & op income for each program you support
- Support internal and external audits
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.