Leidos is a leader in the environmental industry with over 40 years providing environmental compliance, planning, and restoration services to civilian and defense agencies. We are currently seeking a Senior Program Manager for a mission-critical program involving the characterization of environmental conditions related to new and historic hazardous releases at industrial sites and the protection of public health from air emissions from all sources. The Program Manager is responsible for a dedicated team of environmental professionals as well as the equipment and vehicles necessary to complete a variety of site investigation, analytical, and monitoring services.
The program manager will be responsible for the effective management of the program including achieving all cost, technical and schedule deliverables, company financial and operational objectives, and customer engagement. The program manager will lead a diverse and geographically disperse team in successfully executing the contract requirements, producing high quality deliverables, and ensuring customer satisfaction. The program manager will meet with management, technical and operating personnel within client organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans, and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative, and management challenges and issues.
- BA/BS and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 12+ years of prior relevant experience
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field
- Generally 10+ years of experience supervising or leading diverse/geographically dispersed teams and programs
- Proven program management experience on programs +$50M in total revenue and minimum annual revenue of $8M-$15M, including experience across Cost Reimbursable, FFP, T&M contracts
- Experience managing large IDIQ/BPA/Task Order driven contracts requiring scale up to meet customer surge requirements while maintaining base level tasks.
- Experience with the management, manpower utilization, and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills in projects
- 15+ years of diverse experience with RCRA/CERCLA studies (investigation, feasibility studies, remedial design and remedial action), air monitoring, air quality studies, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) including laboratory, and risk assessments.
- Proven experience interacting with client organization at multiple levels
- Knowledge of sampling methodology and analytical chemistry
- Strong organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong financial management skills
- Experience operating a strong health and safety program
- Response to rapidly changing client needS
- Current professional license in discipline – e.g. PE, PG, etc.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Proven experience with customers from civilian and defense agencies (e.g. FEMA, USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, Coast Guard, DOI, EPA, etc.)