Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking experienced Cybersecurity Systems Engineers with DoD experience to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program. Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We are looking for talented people to join our team and help us revolutionize the future of health.
LEIDOS is currently searching for experienced Senior level Cybersecurity System Engineer to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The DHMSM Sr. Cyber Engineer IV will support the review of EHR architecture and technical artifacts from a Cyber security perspective, assist in the development and implementation of Cyber Information Assurance policies and procedures, help develop associated cybersecurity related documentation, and provide engineering and technical support to the DHMSM PMO and DHA to attain the required operating authorizations (Interim Authority to Operate (IATO) and ATO). These activities are conducted IAW DoD instruction 8500.01 and 8510.01 and include mitigation of all security risks found during assessment and authorization and continuous monitoring activities after ATO is obtained.
The selected candidates will be expected to actively engage with a variety of government customers including the DHA Cyber security staff (the designated AO, Information System Security Manager (ISSM) AND Security Control Assessor (SCA), and DoD CIO for DHMSM. Candidates must be able to work closely with the Program’s Cybersecurity Lead, DHMSM Program Manager, Chief Systems Engineer, and other task order leadership across all sites.
- Responsible for supporting the Cybersecurity team in complex to highly complex aspects of the Leidos Cybersecurity planning of the EHR system, and provide leadership to individual tasks as necessary
- Support the Cybersecurity Lead in the development and management of project management plan(s), providing management summaries which identify potential risks, and recommend plans to mitigate those risks
- As necessary, support the Cybersecurity Lead in meeting, presenting, and providing status to senior government personnel on the Program
- As necessary, support the Cybersecurity Lead in the development and implementation of a communication plan that provides regular updates to all staff on project implementation
- Assist the Cybersecurity Lead in ensuring the project meets identified milestones
- Support the development of cyber strategy and associated documentation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for customer inquiries
- Support the establishment and maintenance of internal and external relationships for cyber related collaboration
- Completed BS degree and 13 years of prior relevant experience
- MUST have DoD experience
- US Citizenship and Active Secret or higher security clearance required
- Minimum 13 years of DoD contract experience leading cyber activities throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Significant experience in a cyber-defense lead role, with demonstrated knowledge/experience with networks, as well as DoD cyber defense toolsets, processes, policies, operations and governance.
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework and the DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with eMASS
- Experience with DoD Military Health
- Experience with HBSS (McAfee product)
- Scripting knowledge: PowerShell, Python, Shell Scripting
- Proficiency in ACAS/NESSUS, SCAP
- DoD 8570 Certification
- CompTIA Security+
- CISSP Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills, with a demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security arena.
- PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.