The SCRUM Lead/Practitioner for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cross Domain Services (CDS) reports to the CDS Program Manager and drives the sprint planning, tracking, estimation, effort breakdown, and performs intake for new program requirements. The SCRUM team is currently 10 staff but expected to grow to 20 staff over the coming year. CDS Services are a collection of security solutions that manages the secure passage of data across security domains within the DHS network. Qualified candidates will have a formal SCRUM certificate and have at least one year of practice with results. Since the subject area is technical and covers topics such as security, networking, classification levels, and development, candidates must have the commensurate education and experience; demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies and add-value quickly; possess necessary leadership skills such as sound decision-making; building consensus, teaching methodologies, and explaining SCRUM methodology and theory.
Job duties include:
- Performing capture of new requirements in Confluence for prioritization and effort planning.
- Working with DHS Component teams to create individual project plans for integration into Confluence/JIRA.
- Working with team members to educate and direct them on effort planning
- Meeting with the client on a bi-weekly basis to adjust work priorities
- Running SCRUM planning sessions with the CDS team.
- Creating contents and determining team task ownership for each sprint.
- Holding regular stand-up meetings as needed.
- Owning and managing a long term CDS roadmap
- Providing status updates to the program manager as required.
- Top Secret (TS) Clearance candidates only
- SCRUM certified – e.g., PSM I, CSM, PMI-ACP, ASM, SCM or 3 years of demonstrated experience
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA highly desirable
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in a STEM discipline. Four years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Current or ability to obtain DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAM III within 6 months
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or Entrance On Duty (EOD)
- Ability to learn and develop expertise with new technologies
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Must demonstrate an attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to lead in a team setting giving direction, instruction, assigning tasks, and all necessary people skills to create an effective SCRUM effort
- Technical skills and expertise that will make a candidate more desirable would include system administration; Linux and Windows scripting; networking – e.g., routers; data schemas; and software development.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.