Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Windows Systems Administrator III, will be part of a Wintel Operations Team providing technical expertise and support for all aspects of Windows and VMware infrastructure to include administration and support of VMware VCenter, VSphere 6.x.. This will include administration and migration activities to AWS. Candidate must also be capable of maintaining various hardware platforms to include HP, DELL and Cisco Bladeframes as well as rack-mount servers. Knowledge in administering HP/DELL Bladeframe Network and SAN Connectivity and troubleshooting. Must be able to build, maintain and troubleshoot hosting environment from hardware and hypervisor configuration and setup to maintaining virtual machines (X86 Win/RHEL), as well as be able to proactively monitor and detect potential issues that may impact performance on both hypervisors, physical and virtual servers. Administer and monitor changes to the Active Directory to include domain promotions and schema updates, Organization Unit structure, Group Policy management, DHCP, DNS and access controls. PowerShell scripting for operational information retrieval and custom requests is also desired. Candidate must have ability to independently tackle operational problems, develop solutions, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The Engineer must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality operational support management with minimal business impact.
Under the direction of the Wintel Engineer Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Support enterprise hosting technologies to include VMware.
- Troubleshoot and maintains Windows O/S, collect performance data and review event logs to determine root cause of various problem that come up with Application servers.
- Create, support and troubleshoot NTFS and file shares permission
- Respond quickly and collaborate with team for all Windows and VMware operational issues.
- Collaborate in weekly meetings with Wintel Operations team, take action and provide status updates on ongoing operational projects.
- Resolve complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Support overall x86 hardware in datacenter and remote location to include firmware and driver upgrades.
- Collaborates using agile project management, through daily team standup meetings and bi-weekly sprint planning & review meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 4+ years of progressive experience in Windows Systems Engineering or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot x86 workloads (Wintel and RHEL).
- Experience with Windows and VMware technologies: VSphere, VCenter.
- Ability to create PowerShell scripts for custom operational needs.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of Group Policies/Login scripts troubleshooting/reporting GPO’s
- Solid understanding of Active Directory Group/User object manipulation
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Excellent Communication Skills, ability to meet with users to translate loosely defined analytic needs into visualizations.
- Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Microsoft based certifications
- Red hat Linux Based certification
- VMware certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.