We're looking for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Systems Engineer wanting to join a tight knit team who appreciates your contributions and efforts! Bring your desire to learn and work with a team interested in growing your skills!
Subject Matter Expert (SME) in IT infrastructure technologies (systems, applications, services)
Responsible for engineering & operational tasking associated with the following technologies:
- Enterprise Storage Systems & Services (Direct & Network Systems)
- Virtualization (Appliances, Servers, VDI)
- Data Protection (Backups, Replication, Disaster Recovery)
Directly support and oversee O&M of all operational infrastructure:
- Microsoft server technologies
- NetApp storage technologies
- VMware virtualization technologies
Directly support and oversee issue, incident and problem resolution:
- Problem resolution
- Root Cause Analysis
Produce and maintain infrastructure documentation:
- As-built drawings & configuration documentation
- Capacity and performance plans
- Life-cycle planning documentation (re-capitalization, sparing, maintenance schedules etc.)
Explore, investigate, research, analyze, and assess new infrastructure technologies to modernize and improve on existing infrastructure solutions.
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must have current TS/SCI eligibility to be considered, Active TS/SCI w/CI Poly desired
- Expert knowledge and experience with NetApp storage systems
- Expert knowledge and experience with VMware virtualization systems (server and desktop virtualization & management)
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining infrastructure solutions in secure processing environments
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of IA and Security standards and guidelines (application of DISA STIGs) related to secure infrastructure operations
- Demonstrated experience in proactively monitoring and assessing virtualization and storage systems for performance degradation and tuning for optimal performance
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing and evaluating task execution and performance to successfully meet objectives, goals and deadlines
- NetApp Certification: NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – Data Protection Specialist and/or NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – SAN Specialist, ONTAP
- VMware Certification: VMWare Advanced Professional Certification – Data Center Virtualization (VCAP-DCV) and VMware Advanced Professional Certification – Network Virtualization (VCAP-NV)
- Strong understanding of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) technologies
- Strong understanding of cloud-based Simple Storage Service (S3) solutions
- Experience leveraging Microsoft Powershell or Python for automation and orchestration processes
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.