The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Lead Cyber Security Analyst supporting the JFHQ customer as part of the GSMO contract at Ft. Meade, MD.
The Lead Cyber Security Analyst will provide contractor management and oversight of the JFHQ DoD Information Network Operations Center (JDOC) and contribute to the enablement of Command and Control (C2) of the DODIN by ensuring its overall health through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-conflicting, synchronizing, and reporting the current status to JFHQ-DODIN staff.
The selected candidate will enable Command and Control (C2) of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) by ensuring the overall health of the DODIN ability to maintain CC/S/A mission essential functions through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-confliction, and synchronization of DODIN actions. The ideal candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge of Network Management, Incident Management, Trouble Management, and Problem Management of network and cyber missions. This lead will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to execute DODIN and DISN operations globally.
This leader will need subject matter expertise and experience in hiring, training, certifying, and leading a team of Information Technology and Cyber professionals in the 24x7x365 operations, management and reporting of mission critical DoD communications networks. The leader should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision. The ideal candidate may have multiple people reporting to them but work on independent projects and will be required to report up to the Task Order Manager, Engineering Manager and Customer to provide the latest status. This would include the issues, risks, dependencies, and making sure action plans are documented and executed accordingly. This position requires leadership skills and the ability to guide and lead a team of IT, cyber, and military operations personnel to ensure the assessments are executed and completely properly.
The selected candidate will also be responsible for working with the customer and various other contractors that do not report directly to the GSM-O program but where we are dependent on them completing assigned tasks. The leader would build relationships with stakeholders and other subject matter experts to ensure tasks are completed on time. The ideal candidate will have the ability to make decisions and escalate when needed. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 5+ years of overall related experience. Additional experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for Polygraph.
- Demonstrated understanding of military command center type environments.
- Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers (SES and above).
- Large Complex Network operations experience.
- Workforce Management. Experience leading a 24/7 cyber security operations watch floor environment, including shift schedule planning. Ability to manage and lead a team of professionals providing 24x7x365 network operations, cyber analysis and planning support. Experience with leading others and setting expectations amongst the group. Strong leadership skills with the ability to overcome obstacles to meeting mission success.
- Proven ability to work with customer, technical, and functional subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Ability to drive innovation and apply continuous service improvement to drive effectiveness and efficiency in a firm fixed price performance based contract environment.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with a global workforce including prime and partner company employees.
- Good verbal and written communications. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- DISA Mission Background.
- Experience with USCYBERCOM and Joint Force Military.
- Demonstrated ability to de-conflict complex issues while working on short timelines and high pressure situations.
- Experience with JIPOE methodology and processes.
- Experience managing team culture change and driving collaboration across organizational boundaries.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
- Proficient in developing briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.