The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Marine Corps (MC) Liaison Officer National Capital Region to support efforts for NGEN-R.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
The MCEN is the Marine Corps’ network‐of‐networks and approved interconnected network segments. It comprises people, processes, logical and physical infrastructure, architecture, topology and Cyberspace Operations. The MCEN is characterized at a minimum to include Programs of Record that provide network services to forward deployed forces operating in the USMC.mil namespace and in USMC routable IP addresses; and Operations and Maintenance functions that provision data transportation, enterprise IT, network services, and boundary defense.
The MC Liaison Officer (MLO) shall act as the assistant lead, manager, and administrator for the effort. The MLO shall direct efforts of cross-competency teams, to include contractors at multiple locations, and shall serve as the secondary interface with Government program authorities and representatives on program issues. The MLO will build strong relationships with the Marine Corps customer, and will be responsible for carrying the voice of the customer to the MCEN PMO, as well as acting as a strategic advisor to the customer on program matters as needed. The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding the NGEN support to the Marine Corps via shaping and acquiring Task Orders to provide further services to the customer.
The MLO shall be available to backfill requirements of the PM, overseeing contractor personnel project operations by developing procedures; planning and directing execution of the contractual, technical, multi-disciplinary engineering, programming, maintenance, and administrative support effort; and monitoring and reporting progress. The MLO shall manage acquisition and employment of project resources and control financial and administrative aspects of the program.
During the first 90 days, the MLO will serve as a transition lead for the MCCOG and Quantico, VA area MCEN staff.
The primary places of performance are Government and contractor facilities in the National Capital Region (NCR), with most regular trips to the customer’s Quantico, VA location. Support in other regions, both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS), may be required. It is anticipated that travel will be required. The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences at a high-level, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- Build effective relationships with the Marine Corps leadership to serve as a partner and strategic advisor and grown the NGEN Marine Corps portfolio.
- Secondary point of contact for program-related issues and incidents. Communicates critical and time sensitive program-related information directly to the MCEN Program Manager and other delegated Government program personnel. Represents the Contractor at program-related meetings attended by, or at the request of, the MCEN Program Manager.
- Manage and control schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort; provide direction for operations and ensure compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures; provide recommendations for resolution of technical problems; and provide management oversight to assigned program personnel, both Leidos and subcontractors, ensuring the highest quality of task completion and deliverables in accordance with the contract.
- Remove impediments while promoting self-management and improving standards of work. The applicant will manage multiple teams, will work in high-pressure production environments and be responsible for delivering outstanding products for multiple customers each under tight deadlines and constraints.
- Implement corrective actions to mitigate customer identified issues and changes to program scope and assisting with aligning resources in a multiple team member and subcontract environment to ensure effective and cost-efficient performance.
- Directly contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract.
- Lead progressive customer engagements and participate in communication activities, creating materials and delivering presentations, briefings and research/white papers, and other administrative and programmatic tasks as required.
- During the first 90 days of contract effectively lead the transition-in for the MCEN team supporting the MCCOG and the staff in the Quantico, VA area, including onboarding, filling vacant positions, ordering and distributing end-user hardware, and ensuring the customer is informed of progress and secure in the knowledge that the mission is taken care of through the transition process.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management or a related field with at least 15+ years of experience or a Master's degree with 12+ years of experience
- Currently possess a DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of network services and/or other technically complex information technologies services to large organizations either internationally or across multiple U.S. states.
- Possess a strong background and demonstrated performance in government contracting, particularly related to financial aspects and standard business practices (e.g., familiarity with and ability to interpret statements of work, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.), the cyber technical domain, software development lifecycle, and communications at multiple levels.
- Demonstrated experience with financial analysis, including variance analysis, risk assessment, and advanced MS Office skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Specific experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK or SDLC.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL Service Design and/or Service Transition processes.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, or other related field.
- Prior Navy NGEN, NMCI or MCEN experience.
- Experience managing large-scale contract transitions and associated transition of services.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of information technology services to large organizations.
- PMP or DAIWI Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.