Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Security Specialist to work at Randolph AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must already possess a TS/SCI security clearance. The SCI Security Specialist’s primary function is to serve as the information security specialist and Security Education and Training Awareness (SETA) Manager under the supervision of the MAJCOM Special Security Office (SSO). In accordance with the Department of Defense (DoD), Director of National Intelligence (DNI), and Air Force directives, regulations and instructions, implements policies and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient management for military, civilian and contractor personnel of SCI. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for SCI activities.
- Manage the development and distribution of quarterly newsletter relevant to the MAJCOM SSO enterprise
- Annually employ ADLS refresher training for HQ AETC and subordinate units' indoctrinated personnel
- Oversee annual MAJCOM VTC training for subordinate SSOs and SSRs
- Establish security communications and foster continuous exchange of ideas at all levels of SCI operations
- Provide continuous training and guidance in all areas of SCI security; including but not limited to, local procedures and security awareness
- Enforce foreign contact and travel requirements
- Correct improper classification markings when the appropriate classification is not in question
- Provide training and guidance on adhering to handling, safeguarding, marking classified material, IAW security classification guides
- Verify and provide training for SCI courier authorization requests
- Manage annual Derivative Classification and Unauthorized Disclosure Training
- Ensure classified information is destroyed by authorized means and appropriately cleared personnel in accordance with the methods and procedures prescribed in DoDM 5200.01, Volume 3, Enclosure 3
- Provide oversight of the MAJCOM SCI Security Incident inquiry/investigation process to include establishing a central tracking system.
- Analyze security violations and infractions to determine security impact
- Advises commanders on types of emergency plans to develop based on local threats of hostile actions, foreign intelligence, natural disasters, or terrorist activity
- Assist with annual self-inspections
- Maintain liaison with local Security Forces and AF Office of Special Investigation, to ensure security procedures, policies, and training are properly coordinated, and available to SCI personnel
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
- 4-6 years related experience with SCI Security
- Conferral of Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) under the DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Program preferred but not required
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/DoD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately to a large range of audiences.
- Prior Air Force and AETC experience highly desired
- Completion of DCSA on-line DoD Security Specialist Curriculum (within 6 months)
- Completion of DCSA on-line Information Security Management Curriculum (within 6 months)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.