Leidos is currently seeking an HR Director to join our best-in-class HR team to partner with multiple corporate functions and serve as the HR Business Partner lead for technical talent strategic initiatives. The HR Director is responsible for the overall “people strategy” and HR programs execution for the Office of Technology and Program Excellence and Strategic Partnerships.
The HR Director will work with the Office of Technology and Program Excellence and Strategic Partnerships partnering with business leaders to design and deliver HR solutions for the functions as well as drive enterprise strategies for technical talent of Leidos. The position will require the development of strong working relationships in order to effectively address objectives and provides an opportunity to work with organizations. The HR Director will leverage matrixed HR SME’s from Centers of Expertise to diagnose organizational needs and deliver high-quality and efficient services and solutions to the client. A strong partnership with Compensation will continue work on job architecture for Leidos technical careers. The HR Director will work on creating strategies to continue to progress the focus of inclusion and diversity for Leidos’ technical talent.
The HR Director will work in collaboration with Talent Development and Senior Technical Leaders to continue to advance key technical talent programs with a focus on Solution Architects, Tech Fellows, Technical Core Competencies, and critical skill areas. The position will report to the Vice President, Human Resources for the Corporate Functions.
The incumbent in this role may expect to partner with their client groups in the following areas of focus:
- Technical Talent Strategy Development and Execution
- Performance Development
-Organizational Change Management
-Total Rewards, to include general and executive compensation
-Culture, Inclusion, and Diversity
-Organizational Design and Development
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (or related field)
• 12+ years of relevant experience with at least 2 years of experience in a role supporting senior and/or executive management/leadership at a mid- to large-sized company. Must have broad HR expertise and strong business acumen with an ability to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making.
• Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
• Experience developing talent and/or people plans aligned to business and HR strategy
• Strong project management and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience leading and driving change within client groups
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor and strong consultative and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with coaching, influencing, and building effective relationships to influence decisions
• A team-player with a willingness to be hands-on with tactical duties and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience working for a Government contractor preferred
• HR professional or other relevant certification a plus
• Advanced degree a plus
• Experience partnering with technical leaders is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.