Leidos is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to support EPA's Office of Air and Radiation (OAR), National Center for Radiation Field Operations (NCRFO), located in Las Vegas, NV. Leidos under contract with the EPA provides information technology (IT) personnel resources to maintain the technology resources by providing end-user support, maintain and monitor all servers, manage security issues, maintain the Tribal Air Training room and computers, and EPA’s local WAN. The network engineer acts as a point of contact with EPA enterprise network management.
- CCNA Routing and Day to day management of Cisco routers and switches on EPA LAN and FieldOps networks, manages the configurations of routers and switches. Manage Cisco routers and switches for mobile network access via satellite.
- Work with vendors to identify new technologies, to help shape decisions the EPA and/or management in the area of network design and administration
- Manage wireless Internet access and work with OMS/EI on the installation and configuration for 802.11 Wi-Fi. Manage IP addressing and hosted devices within the local networks
- Perform routine system maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting, incident and problem management, and escalation as required
- Develop, maintain, and implement SOPs and other documentation.
- Understand security best practices and assist in responding to EPA data calls and the annual Continuous Monitoring Assessment (CMA)
Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Configuration, Management and Troubleshooting of Cisco Site-to-Site VPNs
Configuration and Management of Next Generation Firewall Appliances including Remote Access VPNs with dual factor authentication. (Fortinet management preferred)
Experience managing Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor or SNMP based applications
Experienced in virtualized server system and network services
CCNA Routing and Switching – Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNA Security - Cisco Certified Network Professional
MCSE-Microsoft Certified System Engineer
MCITP-Microsoft Certified IT Professional
CCNP Security-Cisco Certified Network Professional