The Leidos Defense Group is seeking candidates to fill a System Administrator position supporting our work with the Department of State (DoS) Consular Affairs office and its facial recognition software. The candidate will work on a multi-discipline team, and must be comfortable working independently, and in small groups as a technical lead or group member. The candidate should be familiar with, and functional in, an agile development framework supporting Linux-based systems, as well as Windows sever and Oracle components. This position requires shared after-hours/on-call availability to provide required 24 hour system failure response coverage. The position may require up to 10% travel, though primarily in and around the greater N. Virginia area.
- Assist in the management of 100+ Linux VM servers running proprietary software
- Monitor and maintain the software and ensure it’s running at its best at all times
- Build reports and gather statistics from the system as needed
- Support customer cybersecurity policies and activities as needed
- Active DoD Secret clearance (at a minimum)
- Bachelors Degree in an IT-related field (may substitute high school diploma) and 4 additional years of experience in place of degree requirement
- 3 years of work experience, including at least 2 years in an IT-related field
- Proficient administering Linux systems in VM environment
- Skilled in Microsoft office 365 and Teams
- Familiar with Windows Server; Oracle databases and SQL queries; Zabbix, VMWare vSphere, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Have experience working within an Agile software development framework
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity or related technical discipline and 3 years of experience in an IT/cyber-related position
- Familiar with windows server
- ITIL foundation certification
- Prior experience with department of state IT/cyber programs and security requirements
- Prior experience with deploying and maintaining biometric-based IT applications in continual use
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.