Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Developer to join our DHS Team. The ideal SOAR Developer is someone who is process driven, efficient, and strives to remove tedium from daily workflows. location may be located at either L’Enfant Plaza or Elizabeth’s USCG Headquarters in Washington, DC. The SOAR Developer will:
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts/workflows within SOAR platform
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
- Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of SDLC
- Integrate SOAR platform with other security tools and APIs to execute automated workflows
- Coordinate with System Administrators, Engineers, and ISSOs to provision service accounts and/or grant required permissions
- Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
- Measure effectiveness of process improvement and automation efforts via metrics and KPIs
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Have expert proficiency with Python
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
- Authored SOC SOPs, playbooks, work instructions and/or other process documents
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
- General networking knowledge to include operation of routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, subnetting, VPN and Web Proxies
- The candidate must be able to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance as is required for all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees in order to support this program.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Should have 2 years of experience serving as a SOC Analyst or Incident Responder
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.