Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Developer to join our DHS Team. The ideal SOAR Developer is someone who is process driven, efficient, and strives to remove tedium from daily workflows. location may be located at either L’Enfant Plaza or Elizabeth’s USCG Headquarters in Washington, DC. The SOAR Developer will:
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts/workflows within SOAR platform
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
- Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of SDLC
- Integrate SOAR platform with other security tools and APIs to execute automated workflows
- Coordinate with System Administrators, Engineers, and ISSOs to provision service accounts and/or grant required permissions
- Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
- Measure effectiveness of process improvement and automation efforts via metrics and KPIs
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Have expert proficiency with Python
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
- Authored SOC SOPs, playbooks, work instructions and/or other process documents
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
- General networking knowledge to include operation of routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, subnetting, VPN and Web Proxies
- The candidate must be able to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance as is required for all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees in order to support this program.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Should have 2 years of experience serving as a SOC Analyst or Incident Responder
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated