The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking an Operations Center Watch Team trainer to support our DoD customer in Ft Belvoir, VA.
The trainer/coordinator is responsible to ensure that the watch team is knowledgeable on all of the operational activities and systems used in the operations center. The trainer/coordinate develops new training materials and monitors proficiency on the new requirements and system modules. The trainer/coordinator documents operational procedures for all operation system modules and provides training and documentation to operations staff as needed. Provides new hire orientation and facilitates learning check reviews in developing the necessary skill set to complete the required tasks and responsibilities of a watch team member.
- Develop and maintain training procedures and materials related to operation center systems and standard operating procedures.
- Train watch team personnel for initial orientation and continued proficiency as systems and tools and procedures evolve.
- Track team training requirements and certifications required for agency and contract requirements.
- Assist with operation center activities, daily/weekly briefings, data requests and geographic information system mapping requirements.
- Provide support and quality review of work products.
- Facilitate training to ensure all personnel are proficient in all aspects of the operations processes. Works directly with customers and team members to determine project scope and specifications. Provide research and analysis to support Operations Center.
- May support development and analysis of situational awareness products.
- May support policy and procedure development for agency, interagency, or community-wide support. Frequently interacts with outside customers and functional peer groups.
- Requires active TS/SCI clearance.
- The position requires the candidate to normal business hours with occasional support of 12 hour shift (6 AM – 6 PM or 6 PM - 6 AM)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred. Must have at least 3 years of demonstrated experience on a Watch Team with at least 5 years of experience supporting a command or national intelligence office or agency. Prior experience with CWMD-related or IED-related information preferred. Must possess current TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Individual must have a general understanding of crisis response, consequence management, and CBRNE (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Events) and how it applies to the military operation center.
- Must understand information systems, networks, security best practices.
Have training experience developing materials and conducting in person, deskside, or online training.
Knowledge of a geographic information system based on an ESRI’s geospatial application suite. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills to engender rapport with military personnel, federal civilians, other contractors and foreign governments at all levels of DoD and the Intelligence Community.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.