Leidos is seeking a Software/System Architect with AppDynamics experience. Can be worked remote within the United States. Qualified candidate must have the technical expertise required to manage the various monitoring tool capabilities, specifically AppDynamics and Dynatrace.
Shift: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday Central time
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Software/System Architect must be able to work with program and project leaders to define and create the architectural depictions and documents, ensuring logical flow, and address all issues. Has experience with a variety of software programs and languages and has some experience in programming. Must be able to design and discuss system strategies for platform, applications and networks.
Monitor and report on application behavior analytics, conducts smart triage by identifying, diagnosing and coordinating resolution of performance problems before they impact end users, and participates in rapid root cause diagnosis of problems occurring within the application and infrastructure. Monitor high value Business-centric transactions and manages response actions. Required operational experience with AppDynamics, and Dynatrace application monitoring toolsets. Candidate will patch and upgrade those products. Must manage tools and ensure they are operated at optimum levels with expert configuration management.
Identify the functional domain in which problems reside (Server Utilization, network Saturation, Application Tuning).Detect change of state conditions that have significance for management of Configuration Items (CIs) and IT services. Ensure all events are communicated IAW SOP and/or takes further corrective action with the application owner. Participate in all Major Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis calls and provides expert troubleshooting support as needed. Escalate as per criticality matrix definitions. Notify the internal/external stakeholders per procedure. Provide APM input to daily shift reports and metrics.
- Bachelor Degree Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 5 years of experience. 13 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance is required. Federal government contract requirement.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Must have the technical expertise required to manage the various monitoring tool capabilities, specifically AppDynamics, Aternity, and Dynatrace.
- Support of Platform and Synthetic Monitoring. Must have the technical expertise required to manage the various monitoring tool capabilities, specifically AppDynamics, Aternity, and Dynatrace.
- Must maintain the knowledge and expertise to patch and upgrade the products and ensure the tools are optimized to exploit their strengths and the strengths of the personnel using it.
- Must be able to ensure the tools are managed and operated at on optimum level with expert configuration managements and curated tool feature implementation matching the changing usage patterns of the ECO Enterprise Performance Monitoring team and other stakeholders.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.