Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high-performing budget analyst to fill a mid-level position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Engineering and Technology Maturation. The scope includes program planning, budgeting, and evaluation for a multi-million dollar, multi-site portfolio of research and development projects for deployment into the national nuclear weapon stockpile. This position requires demonstrated budget and project analysis expertise developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position for which the chosen candidate can take advantage of a predominately remote telework location, but requires on-site visits to the NNSA offices in Washington DC and periodic travel.
- Providing Federal Program Managers with clear, concise, accurate and timely budget analyses and information to support programmatic decision-making
- Responding to short- notice what-if inquiries from within NNSA, the Secretary of Energy, and other senior Departmental officials.
- Preparing program cost and budget documentation covering several future budget fiscal years.
- Developing complex spreadsheets, program planning and budget briefings, and issue papers describing the project outcomes and benefits for meeting national defense missions.
- Monitoring and reporting to Federal staff the progress of programmatic plans and solutions relative to schedule, and advising whether program deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
- Analyzing and reporting results and tracking action items on technical projects in nuclear weapon component development.
- Completing annual, quarterly, and other periodic reporting requirements at program reviews and meetings.
Preferred Clearance: Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years of program/budget analysis experience.
- Experience with budget formulation, execution, and/or evaluation.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite particularly MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management.
- Master’s degree
- Staff experience in military, government, corporate and/or interagency enterprise.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint, Tableau Software, and Cisco WebEx
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.