Leidos is looking for an individual who would like to be responsible for editing, proofreading and providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents prepared by writers such as manuals, procedures and specifications.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms with standards.
- Responsible for ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Able to contribute to writing PMO deliverables such a Transition Out Plan or PMP (pull the document together with content support from a SME and other examples)
- Able to facilitate / support the writing of the Program SOPs and CDRLS with the support of SMEs
- Define document templates for program, deliverables, SOPs, and other program documentation (e.g., WSR)
- Setup, organize, and administer the program SharePoint site (unclassified) and the program shared drive (classified)
- At start-up approx. 50% located at LOC and 50% located at REC.
BA /BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.