At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has an opening for an Aircraft Mechanical Design Engineer in Manassas, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to lead the design, development, and fielding of innovative solutions for next generation airborne ISR aircraft. The Mechanical Design Engineer provides mechanical design expertise for airborne applications and serves as a resource to professional aviation and ISR team members.
- Develop novel solutions for integration of ISR capabilities in 3D CAD using SolidWorks.
- Develop mechanical designs for aircraft primary and secondary structures.
- Develop 2D production drawings.
- Leads presentations at engineering milestone gates (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.), establishing and maintaining traceability of design requirements.
- Develops processes, standard operating procedures, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation in support of the full mission system lifecycle.
- Support configuration management (CM) functions such as organizing data, routing problem reports and change requests.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering field from an accredited institution with a minimum of eight (8) years of related systems engineering experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.100, Engineering Drawing Practices and other industry standard drafting practices.
- Experience developing and reading engineering drawings and schematics (e.g., network, mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, Rhino, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SolidWorks PDM and/or Autodesk Vault.
- Comfortable in the presentation program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- FAR Part 23 and Part 25 aircraft experience.
- Structural analysis and finite element modeling/analysis experience.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism/guidance and adapt accordingly.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.