Leidos is seeking a Data Administrator SME who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role designs, implements, and maintains a multiple security enclave data environment, including on-premises and cloud, and in a Government IC environment. This role provides technical expertise with handling and preparing various types of media for data ingest and processing. This role implements secure data storage, access, and transfer capabilities. This individual collaborates across a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to produce work products. This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated vendor or Free and Open Software (FOSS) database products. Serves in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated vendor or Free and Open Software (FOSS) database products.
- Ensure updates to current systems and new systems are competed.
- Ensure current systems tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches are completed. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Work with cross-discipline teams in order to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems.
- Work with Customers.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess expert domain knowledge in a technical field bolstered with significant experience and advanced education and training.
- Expert knowledge of FOSS database products.
- Expert knowledge of installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated vendor or Free and Open Software (FOSS) database products
- Have experience within his/her field, which may include: extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline.
- Possess ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Possess the ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Possess the ability to work with government customers and senior program managers.
- Possess ability to plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Possess ability to evaluate the work of others.
- Experience mentoring and supervising others.
- This candidate must have a Master's degree with 15-20 years of experience; or a Doctorate with 13-16 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
Security Clearance Requirement
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.
US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.