Leidos is seeking a Data Analytics Lead who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role provides technical expertise and leadership in a large complex Government IC environment. This role creates the vision and technology innovations for data science; and oversees the implementation of machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, and neural networks. This role will work to improve relevance and personalization algorithms.
- Design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
- Identify and validate advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Analyze the requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including NLP, ML, Predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Identify meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess expert domain knowledge in a technical field.
- Strong analytical skills in data mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Machine Learning (ML).
- Experience creating vision and technology innovations for data science.
- Experiencing implementing and/or overseeing the implementation of machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, and neural networks.
- Experience working in cross-domain environments.
- Experience designing and developing methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
- Experience providing predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Has experience within his/her field, which may include: extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline.
- Possess the ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Possess leadership abilities where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Possess ability to evaluate the work of others.
- This candidate must have a Master's degree with 15-20 years of experience; or a Doctorate with 13-16 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
Security Clearance Requirement
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.
US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.