Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) is the prime contractor to the National Science Foundation (NSF) in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). Leidos supports the NSF’s Office of Polar Program’s Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics by aligning with their Mission and Vision Statements:
- Vision: Expanding our scientific reach in Antarctica through increased operational and logistical effectiveness.
- Mission: To provide the operational and logistical platform necessary for the U.S. to conduct world-class science in Antarctica and maintain its active and influential presence on the continent.
Leidos ASC operates and maintains over 430 buildings & structures encompassing approximately 900,000 GSF of space year-round, across three geographically remote research stations; McMurdo Station, Palmer Station, and South Pole Station and 2 Research Vessels. Each station supports world class research and the facilities are a critical part of this mission and supports over 1300 people living, working and performing research across Antarctica.
Leidos ASC is also undertaking the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) at McMurdo station rebuilding the location with new facilities to make a long and enduring impact in Antarctica.
The Antarctic Support Contract is seeking a Planning and Controls Manager to lead all planning and controls activities across the program for sustaining Operations and Maintenance (O&M) effort and capital construction projects. The Planning and Controls Manager will work in concert with the Program Management office, O&M functional organizations, and Projects Planning and Integration office to effectively develop strategic and tactical level execution plans to meet the mission and vision of the NSF and support major modernization efforts underway for the National Science Foundation in Antarctica. The Planning and Controls Manager will lead the dedicated team of program schedulers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the Planning & Controls Team
- Leads the team of program planners in creating and managing program schedules for Capital projects and O&M activities
- Process owner for an enterprise resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Leads the effort to level load resources across stations to ensure all personnel and equipment assets are appropriately planned
- Interacts with Antarctica Station Area Managers
- Attends Leadership and Operational Meetings
- Assists with Proposals as needed
- Lead the development of Monthly Project Reports and data collection and analysis
- Develop and monitor functional staffing plans and hire and maintain project controls staff in accordance with plans
2. Leads Change Management Processes
- Identifies key change activities
- Provides thought leadership for key initiatives
3. Manages Primavera Tool
- Provides Baseline Control and ensures compliance with company procedures for Earned Value Management
- Data export to COBRA for labor hours
- Data management and report generation for Resource Hours for Control Account Managers
- “What-if” scenarios for schedule drivers
4. Schedule and Project Reporting
- Experience in EVM Surveillance audits
- Milestone Reports
- Critical Path Assessment Method
- Evaluate labor and cost manpower requirements against budget constraints
- Produce and maintain accurate project schedules and understand schedule resource loading
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Customer to produce Business and technical project documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in planning, scheduling, business management or related field
- Minimum of 12 years of planning/scheduling experience
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera
- Knowledge of Earned Value tools and principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning and schedule reports
- Creative problem solving skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Proven work experience on several projects or a portfolio of projects
- Proactive issue management and implementation of corrective actions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to manage remote employees
- Possess scope control and change management proven knowledge
- Knowledge of ANSI-748 Earned Value principles and GAO Best Scheduling Practices preferred
- Experience with government contracting preferred
- Experience with multi-sub/multi-tenant contracts preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.