At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division in the Defense Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Liaison Officer (LNO). Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aerial platforms providing primary aircraft GFE support, ground systems processing, and mission equipment payloads.
- Responsible for program supply and spares levels, equipment, and material purchases.
- Review scheduled program events, develop a BOM and Systems Requirements document jointly with technical leads.
- Price and define lead times jointly with procurement team, and order equipment in a timeline consistent with schedule requirements.
- Initiate and track to completion all purchase requirements stemming from Systems Requirements List and approved BOM.
- Liaise all purchase requirements initiated outside of the BOM process by interfacing with OCONUS logisticians, technical leads, program managers, procurement, and government approvers to verify purchase request details, validate the purchase is necessary, obtain purchase approval and track estimated and actual delivery dates to ensure schedule risks are not introduced due to delayed delivery (this includes Depot Maintenance purchases).
- Coordinate and prepare all requests, DRMO/S turn-ins and hand receipt transfers in accordance with contract requirements, corporate policies and governing regulations.
- Report programmatic data requirement to internal (Leidos) leadership, as well as external (government/military customer) leadership on a routine basis or individual basis as requested.
- Assist in coordinating depot repair actions when OCONUS logistician needs assistance.
- Quality check Sprocket database reports applicable to their assigned program for accuracy and coordinate with stakeholders where improvements are necessary.
- Work independently, often under high-pressure situations and with minimal direct supervision, to creatively problem-solve and quickly develop complex solutions for logistics problems.
- Provide weekly updates to direct supervisor and courtesy copy on all interactions with customer.
- Expanded job duties will be required as position evolves.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one (1) year experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to integrate the separate functions in planning or implementing an overall program logistics management program.
- Knowledge of logistics systems, methods and facilities management procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Exercise property management functions to include record maintenance, accountability storage and disposal functions.
- Recommend and assess procedural changes to improve the overall program accountability process.
- Oversee contracts for general supply support for procurement of office supplies, equipment and furnishings, rentals and/ or leased items.
- Implement internal control procedures to prevent fraud, waste and abuse.
- Perform supply/inventory management-program functions including, but not limited to, determination of requirements, distribution and redistribution of items, supply fund management, procurement authorization, disposition of excess property, provide reconciliation of inventory balances with physical counts and other supply functions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including (but not limited to) Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both internal to Leidos and external (military/government customer, etc.), both written and oral
- Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Two (2) years of directly related logistics experience; logistics experience supporting military and/or government is highly desired.
- A Bachelor's degree in Logistics Management.
- Army logistics experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency with Sprocket asset tracking/maintenance tracking database software.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in implementation of industry best practices for logistics/inventory management and compliance with contract/government requirements.
- Knowledge and experience planning and coordinating commercial and military air and ground transportation.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.