At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The Quick Reaction Capable Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance Division of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity in Bridgewater, VA for a Project Manager. In this role, you will be supporting the Project Engineering Manager and multiple program managers by accomplishment of the tasks described below:
Execute engineering projects with aggressive timelines while interfacing with Government, industry customers, and airworthiness authorities to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Task prioritization and management
- Schedule inputs, tracking, and maintenance
- Manage creation, receipt, and delivery of contractually required documentation
- Daily/Weekly status updates
- Large data list curation
- Create and brief content for internal and external customers
- Requirements tracking
- Subcontractor liaison
- Proposal inputs and tracking
- Review technical content for accuracy and proper correlation across multiple functional areas
- Configuration Management
- Apply project management principles to plan, design, build, integrate, test, certify, and operationally sustain manned aircraft.
- Work closely with Program Managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and reports task statuses, and ensure tasks are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, execute, document, and deliver airworthiness and requirements documentation for the design, production, and testing of aircraft systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain aircraft configuration documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four (4) years of related systems engineering experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Diverse engineering experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Prior experience reading engineering drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Experience in managing scope, schedule, and task prioritization by compiling metrics from contractual documents and/or statement of work for the project.
- Previous experience with interpreting and reporting through an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Comfortable in presenting program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- MUST be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. .
- Must have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally
- Up to 10% Required Travel: Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Hands-on Experience with DHC-8 airframes
- Knowledge and experience with ISR aircraft
- Advanced organizational experience (ie logistics, inventory systems, document workflows, scheduling, task management, etc)
- Configuration Management Systems & Processes
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified or PMP Certified
- Active DoD Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.