Leidos Civil Group has an opening for an Integrated Missions Operations F&BO Director in Reston - VA. In this role, you will serve as the Financial Leader for the Integrated Missions Operation within the Group. You will be responsible for all aspects of financial performance to include Revenue, Operating Income, Cash and Backlog.
The position will be a direct line leader for both the finance and program control staff and will be responsible for the organization's talent development, performance management, and business strategy and report to the Civil Group Chief Financial Officer. As the principal advisor to the Operations Manager, you will work closely with Business Development, Contracts, Procurement, Pricing, and the program teams to facilitate the Operation’s growth and execution of the Business Plan. Further, this position will have responsibility to lead program finance teams that must proactively manage key Government Customer relationships, ensuring that the interests of Leidos are understood and achieved.
In addition, you will have overall responsibility for timely and accurately planning, forecasting and analysis of the Operation’s performance and ensuring controls exist to support company policy and procedures within the Operation.
This leader will be responsible for the following activities:
- Advising line management on all financial aspects of their organizational unit including developing and driving financial forecasts and analyzing the organizations revenue and costs.
- Interpreting operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the business
- Evaluating and approving expenditure decisions
- Identifying operational risk factors that may impact the business performance of the organization
- Presenting key business insights and recommendations to achieve the organization’s current and future goals
- Making specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and both profit and process improvements
- Manage indirect cost and rates for the organization, ensuring the Operation sustains a cost and rate structure that is competitive for its market areas
- Provide leadership in new business capture pricing strategies, cost and schedule management, budget development and analysis for the contracts awarded
- Direct the establishment and maintenance of a system of business management controls to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, schedules, and financial goals
- Interface with senior leadership on programmatic and business related activities providing recommendations and solutions
Please note that this role requires on-site support in Reston HQ no telecommute ; no relocation is provided.
- Bachelor's degree in finance related degree and 12+ years of relevant experience. Advance degree strongly preferred.
- Experience in Operation Finance including Revenue, Operating Income, Cash and Backlog
- A strong understanding of financial processes and systems
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), strong analytic skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities across a diverse portfolio of programs.
- Able to think strategically, lead a diverse team, and grasp a firm understanding of the business goals & priorities and what it takes to execute.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Management of large and geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with federal government customers
- New business capture experience
- Knowledge of Joint Ventures
- Understanding of Leidos policies, procedures and business architecture
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.