The Synthetic Environment Core (SE Core) program is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer w/ Control Account Manager (CAM) experience to join our team. The Sr. Systems Engineer candidate will support the SE Core Program Manager and Chief Engineer, performing assignments related to Engineering and Synthetic Environment (SE) Generation Earned Value (EV) Control Account Management (CAM) duties as well as supporting other SE Core and Leidos programmatic functions.
- Write Basis of Estimates (BOE)
- Prepare Baseline Change Requests (BCRs)
- Report monthly Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) status
- Prepare monthly Earned Value (EV) Variance Reports
- Responsibility, authority, and accountability for the planning and performance all control accounts
- Conduct forecast reviews with SE Core functional leads to balance team allocation
- Manage Employee Work Authorizations
- Review actuals hours reports for time charging accuracy and alignment with IMS status
- Coordinate with SE Core Engineering and SE Generation leads on schedules and priorities
- Ensure compliance to Earned Value policies and procedures
- Clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing
- U.S. citizenship is required because the candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET level clearance in order to join the program
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline required with 10+ years of general engineering experience
- Exposure to Earned Value Management
- Must have intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Discipline to work in a CMMI Level III development environment
- Must possess superior communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Must also possess the positive attitude and team spirit needed to succeed in an integrated product team environment
- Previous experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM) on an Earned Value (EV) program
- Aptitude to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of all aspects of Project Management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.