Leidos is in search of a multi-talented Motion Graphics / Multimedia Designer/ Lead to join our studio with an existing team of instructional system designers, a commercial video multimedia designer, programmers, digital artists, and subject matter experts creating digital training for the United States Air Force. Location is in San Antonio, TX. Our client is progressive, driving the future of training in the armed forces. This is a superb opportunity to leverage your proven expertise in the design, creation, and production of engaging multimedia in a multi-billion dollar industry. Design and develop video treatments including light storyboarding, style frames, mood boards, typographic treatments, and other directional elements translating your vision and ideas into our customer’s products. This is a where your fast-thinking, creative problem solving, flexibility, and enthusiasm to elevate yourself and your peers excels, while having fun doing so. Change the future and have an impact that saves lives.
- Drive the visual design and create motion graphics, videos, photography, and UI design for computer based training, interactive courseware, PC, and VR, training products
- Manage video and photography production pipeline (pre-pro, production, post)
- Create video treatments, storyboards, style frames, mood boards, typographic layouts
- Collaborate with a veteran Instructional System Designer to achieve maximum engagement and effectiveness in digital training
- Collaborate with a veteran Computer Based Training designer to develop innovative graphics and real time elements into Articulate 360
- Develop innovative use of Unreal Engine 4 for the development of future real time video shoots, scene design, and UI elements.
- Lead the design and flow of video elements
- Ensure compliance with government standards
- 12+ years of direct experience with the design and development of motion graphics, videos, photography, and 2D art elements for Computer Based Training (CBT) or Instructional Digital Books.
- Master level of 2D motion graphics design, color, flow, timing, and composition.
- Superb knowledge of 2D design workflows and digital art, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues and knowledge.
- Motivated, self-directed, personable, superb written verbal communication skills.
- Technical expertise in aircraft training solutions from documentation to delivery.
- Experience in leading design, coding, and testing, of computer-based training
- Strong commitment to excellence, innovation, collaboration, with a lead by example work ethic.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance (requires US citizenship)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.