The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
- Provide expertise to INSCOM and Intelligence Community worldwide sites on the electrical engineering aspects of the installation, modification, operation and maintenance of facilities, mission systems, and support systems, and power generation, distribution, and grounding systems
- Demonstrate strong technical ability and creativity at a fundamental level 2D and 3D electrical computer aided design and modeling
- Develop complex plans based upon input from clients and personal knowledge, utilizing government standards
- Develop facility designs to include building power systems, lighting design and load calculations to meet critical electrical requirements
- Prepare construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
- Provide leadership and training for other engineering team members
- Serve as an SME regarding electrical facility design, construction, maintenance and operation.
- Provide building and facilities condition assessments for electrical systems
- Perform electrical engineering power system calculations including, load flow, short circuit and arc flash and coordination studies
- Serve as a technical expert for electromagnetic interference mitigation
- Review facility and equipment design packages to verify technical correctness and compliance with applicable standards and regulations
- Ensure the proper installation and operation complex UPS and generator systems that maintain highly reliable and redundant power to critical equipment
- Perform quality assurance of electrical construction, to ensure the quality of workmanship and compliance with standards
- Provide SME input to the preparation of technical publications including INSCOM regulations and pamphlets
- Immediately deployable to worldwide locations in potentially hazardous work environments to perform QRC/technical support to US forces
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university with 12-15 years of diversified engineering experience in medium or low voltage power electrical equipment, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience with installation and maintenance of low voltage power systems
- Electrical Engineering experience with an architecture and/or engineering consulting firm
- Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of power generation, distribution and grounding systems
- Experience with uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
- Knowledge of and experience in power and grounding principles and techniques
- Fluent in English including the ability to read, write and comprehend technical documentation, schematics and diagrams
- Professional registration is desirable but not mandatory
- Final Top-Secret Clearance based upon a TIER 5 Background Investigation, and favorable eligibility determination for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) IAW ICD 704
- Some positions or assignments may require a Counter-Intelligence (CI) Scope Polygraph, especially those requiring access to TDN2
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.