Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Within Leidos, CIO Services has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager of UK / Europe CIO Enterprise Infrastructure Services. In this role, you will lead UK based infrastructure operations and engineering services that include end user services, hosting services, network services, and IT projects. This position will have budget optimisation, schedule adherence, customer relations, and service delivery responsibilities.
The position will report directly to the VP of Enterprise Infrastructure in the CIO organisation based at Leidos Global HQ Reston, US. The CIO organisation is responsible for performant and secure IT delivery to all Leidos internal users and associated subcontractors.
- Execute strategic vision aligned with the enterprise for UK Service Delivery to include new technology adoption supporting our customer base with a strong focus on the end user experience
- Partner with the UK business leaders to ensure provided IT services meet the needs of business within CIO guidelines and also run some externally facing services for line customers such as service desk
- Provide assistance to project leads in order prevent delays and solve complex technical problems
- Accountable for leadership, planning and assignment of tasks, monitoring delivery, and work assignments to the team
- Responsible for meeting availability and performance SLOs and customer commitments
- Oversight of all projects (delivery of new services and capabilities) within associated budget
- Budget\financial responsibility for UK and CIO budgets
- Manage technical relationships with regional vendors, subcontractors, and partners
- Provide subject matter expertise to business development / line execution programs
- Ability to identify and solve issues and remove roadblocks when required via managerial conversations
- Partner with Enterprise Infrastructure peers and remainder of CIO organization to provide high grade, resilient solutions to support 2,000+ person UK enterprise
- Responsible for the CIO Services – UK IT Service Desk partnering with US based End User Services Director
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology related field and 10+ years of experience in IT field including datacenter, network and end user services. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience leading teams or IT projects with demonstrated competency in the full range of stakeholder management, either as a direct manager of influencer
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to work closely with numerous stakeholders from diverse organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively IT technical topics to non-technical business executive leadership
- Ability to solve complex problems, often with limited information and guidance
- Knowledge and experience operating a large enterprise IT service delivery organization
- Demonstrated experience in project conflict resolution and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technical proposal with schedule and budget, successfully execute on the project with continuous risk assessment and mitigation, and communicate status at different levels of organization
- Knowledge of ITIL related processes and procedures, e.g. service delivery, incident management, and change management.
- Ability to successfully work in a rapidly-changing environment and to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Technical or Industry certifications i.e. ITIL, AWS, Azure, Help Desk Institute (HDI), Windows, etc
- Experience with outage management and ITIL problem resolution
- Experience working within the Leidos UK line of business and familiarity with processes
- Experience with initial definition or significant continuous improvement of IT service delivery
- Close proximity to major UK office locations and ability to travel
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.