Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos provides support to the U.S. Department of Energy Legacy Management Program. The Civil Group has an opening for a network administrator to support, among other systems, video telecommunications systems in a dynamic multi-office environment. The incumbent must have strong technical knowledge and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds, both in person and remotely.
- Research, analyze, and document technical topics/issues and formulate approaches to implement or correct failure situation.
- Collaborate and contribute to a cross-functional team with other network & system administrators, software engineers, data managers, and other technical & non-technical staff.
- Installing and maintaining the Legacy Management (LM) video teleconferencing (VTC) Systems to include: Cisco Expressway C, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Telepresence Management Suite, Cisco UCS Blade, and Cisco Unified Communications Suite.
- Interact with other departments as a technical resource on network and systems information, as well as, general engineering knowledge when dealing with customer questions and consulting
- Provide professional written and verbal communications.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years of experience directly related to the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of medium- to large-scale business networks.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 communication and Layer 3 network routing is required.
- Clear understanding of VTC systems: Cisco Unified Communications platform including the Call Manager, Unity Voicemail, Call Center Express.
- Strong fundamentals and troubleshooting techniques are required.
- The ability to work limited nights and weekends as required.
- Possesses exceptional professional integrity and discipline and is uncompromising on adherence to the law, governmental policy, and appropriate handling of ethical and ambiguous issues.
- Must be willing to travel on an as needed basis to alternate sites to support systems operations, maintenance, and deployment. (<15% travel)
- CCNA, Network +, or equivalent network related certification.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Catalyst & Nexus Switches, ISR Routers and L3 Switches running iOS, Cisco Voice Routers and Wireless LAN Controllers
- Nexus Fabric Switches running NXOS
- ASA and Firepower / FTD Appliances
- VPN – Anyconnect
- Network traffic analysis; debugging and packet captures; Netflow and NBAR configurations.
- Experience working with the U.S. Department of Energy or other U.S. federal agency.
- Current HSPD-12 badge is preferred.
- Experience with federal cyber security policies and standards and how they affect IT configurations and operations.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.