The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Release Train Engineer to facilitate program level work within the SAFe framework and coordinating with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Systems Engineers, and customer stakeholders on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States. As the Release Train Engineer, you will facilitate the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART) processes and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, help drive program-level continuous improvement and assist teams in delivering value for a high-profile Leidos program.
- Guide and manage the ART and the teams through the delivery of software and services, embracing and promoting the Agile mindset,
- Work with Product Management, Product Owners and other stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Establish cadence, facilitate and drive the agile ceremonies such as PI Planning, Product Owner Sync, Scrum of Scrums, Inspect and Adapt Workshop, Innovation and Sprint Planning events.
- Summarize team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Facilitate escalation for impediment removal for the Scrum Master and Scrum teams by fostering collaboration throughout the ART.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Safe-Agile practices and mindsets
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a continuous exploration process which drives the vision, roadmap, and backlogs through Pre- and Post-PI planning meetings.
- Collaborate with the communities of practice, develop and conduct Agile-oriented training, and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement across the development teams
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down charts, cumulative flow diagrams)
- Identify and direct the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality of the product
- Help track and manage program risk.
- Standardize and document best SAFe practices
- Bachelor of Science in Technical related field and 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager, systems engineer, tester or developer.
- 5+ years of experience working in a scaled Agile environment (multiple teams supporting multiple Software applications)
- Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations
- Experience/knowledge of key Agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
- Project expertise with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience working at an organization going through a SAFe Agile transformation
- Scaled Agile certifications (SA, SPC)
- Certified Scrum Master
- Systems Engineering background/experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.