Leidos is seeking a Communications & Training Specialist supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
As the Communications & Training Specialist, you will be expected to work collaboratively with Portfolio Managers to prepare and deliver training and communications utilizing multiple techniques. Training and communication will ensure CBP personnel who utilize the applications in each portfolio on a daily basis are prepared to take advantage of upcoming changes.
- Work with portfolio leadership to understand training and communication needs for upcoming releases and develop associated plans.
- Collaborate with training and communication team to identify optimal training and communication technique(s) based on the content of an upcoming release.
- Ensure timely delivery of training and communications to CBP operators so users are prepared for upcoming changes.
- Coordinate with program management and portfolio leadership to prepare internal training and communication materials for the TPVS team
- BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- 4 years of experience with IT training activities for front line operators
- Demonstrated experience establishing training and communication plans
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience preparing and delivering training and communication for law enforcement personnel
- Experience training IT personnel on new software engineering tools and techniques
- Prior experience developing training materials for adoption of Agile and DevSecOps within a Development organization
- CBP Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.