Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Team is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Senior Network Engineer to support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. The Senior Network Engineer position will be in Vicksburg, MS.
In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Provide installations and support designing solutions for the current corporate WAN system within ACE-IT taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate
- Support network engineering on a broad range of programs providing support for various business-critical networks
- Support the full system engineering life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation
- Provide architecture and design recommendations to Operations
- Provide Tier III Network support to Operations
- Resolve architecture and network design tickets
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support as needed
- Develop WAN/IWAN/SDN system analysis and design documents for ACE-IT corporate WAN architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff
- Experience with Network Access Controls (NAC) 802.1x
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for new technologies
- Familiarity with IPAM (BlueCat), load balancers (F5), WAN Optimization, and Authentication Systems (Clearpass), SSL, VPN
- Experience with enterprise network management tools such as HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Smartnet, LiveAction, Splunk, or similar technologies
- Provide coaching and assistance to junior network administrators as required
- Must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance (note: those without clearance may be processed at program discretion and cannot start on program until clearance is adjudicated. Those with active clearance will be given first consideration)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in an IT related field and/or 8-12 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have at least one of the following current certifications to satisfy DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security
- CASP+ CE
- Must have at least one of the following current network certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
- Experience with Cisco Switching: STP, RSTP, MST, LAN tuning / protection, VTP
- Experience with WAN and VPN Solutions, GET-VPN/GDOI, MPLS, DMVPN Phase1/2/3, IPsec, IPsec/GRE, iWAN and Performance Routing
- Experience with Network Hardware Design and Configuration, Network Troubleshooting, Network Performance Tuning
- Experience with Cisco WAN/LAN technologies
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with DoD, Army and/or USACE customers
- Experience with classified and unclassified networks
- Customer Service Focused - deliver sustained high levels of customer satisfaction
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.