The 363rd ISRW currently has an opening for a Data Engineer to work at Joint-Base Langley Eustis in Hampton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command. As a member of the Intelligence Wing, it will be your mission to include entering and reviewing data within the database, ensuring user data integrity, maintaining database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. The contractor will also focus on the design, implementation, and operation of data management systems to meet the organization’s operational needs. This includes designing how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different units and digital systems. The contractor will work data consumers to determine, create and populate optimal data architectures, structures, and systems. The contractor must also plan, design, and optimize for data throughput and query performance issues.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members. Works to implement solution designs and/or processes.
- Apply knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to design systems that meet the unit’s needs.
- Analyze operational problems and design reliable, scalable data storage and analytics systems that enable the unit’s mission.
- Perform statistical analysis and apply data mining techniques in support of the unit’s mission.
- Lead unit’s efforts to support Air Force, Joint, and DoD development of AI/ML and advanced analytical tools and interfaces.
- Support subordinate ACC units with various approaches to visualize and make sense of complex unstructured data.
- Master degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- 13 years of experience related to position requirements
- 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar role
- Experience with R, Python or SQL
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, data-pipelines development, data warehousing and solving big data challenges
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- Experience using relevant AF systems and databases
- Knowledge of military policies and procedures relating to information technology
- Experience working with cloud computing and infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Active TS/SCI government security clearance
- Maintains currency of required ADLS and/or INSCOM trainings
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Air Force ISR units
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliant
- Master degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 15 years of experience related to position requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.