Leidos is looking for a Communications Specialist to join our team supporting the US Army Corp of Engineer CIO/G6 office to produce high-quality documentation and communications that contributes to the overall success of the program. You will join a team of talented operational and engineering personnel who work collaboratively to support the mission of our customer. The successful applicant will be responsible for development and oversight of outreach communication activities to inform USACE G6 customers of upcoming developments and changes to IT services. This position will be based in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Work across program technical areas to develop communication plans to inform end users of upcoming service changes
- Work with Government to ensure that end users are aware of service changes and new service offerings
- Develop communications plans for service migrations, progress, challenges, next steps for IT projects and engineering / operational initiatives.
- Suggest IT service promotional / information campaign ideas and works with Government personnel to implement
- Develop communication strategies to improve effectiveness of end user communications
- Work with Government to conduct user opinion research to assess value and effectiveness of IT services.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, FAQs
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Work and communicate effectively with all levels of management, including Senior Management, branches and administrative departments, and with vendors, auditors, consultants and regulatory agencies.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in depth understanding of processes and document accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 + years of prior relevant experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven working experience for 2+ years in marketing, communications, or similar field.
- Experience in the IT Industry.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Strong written and oral abilities.
- Skills in research and proofreading to ensure all materials are high quality and accurate.
- Able to read, study and understand technical written documentation such as regulations and internal and/or vendor specifications, etc.
- Basic understanding of process maps and being able to interpret into SOP documentation.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other Desktop Publishing applications.
- Excellent Time Management.
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance is required prior to start.
- Experience working in the DoD field
- ITIL Certification is desired
- Active Secret Clearance is desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.