The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Administrator Level 3 and Site Lead at Fort Bragg, NC.
The Network Administrator will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for network repair, maintenance, operations, and engineering services to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Point of contact / accountable for all aspects of technical requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities, and is authorized to act on site-specific matters relating to the daily operation of the task order
- Perform administration, maintenance, diagnosis and restoration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls and other related network hardware
- Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance, and develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and assists with design and development activities
- Provides technical input for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Assists with transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Assists with network upgrades, site expansions, accreditations, and cable plant installations
- Monitors device and network health, configurations, information assurance patching to ensure network systems meet performance and availability requirements
- Provides Tier II/III technical support for network infrastructure
- Interacts with the Government and team members across multiple technical areas regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Must have firm grasp and knowledge of fiber and copper-based Ethernet technologies, capabilities and cabling and their connectivity to local and wide area networks
- Directs and leads multiple teams through to project completion
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians and specialists
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 6+ years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, concepts
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Nexus networking technologies
- Working knowledge of Network Performance Monitoring tools
- Experience with IP Encryptors configuration and maintenance
- Understanding of network security best practices and protocols such as IPSec
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as CCNA or other Associate Level network certification in a relevant subject
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Currently possess CCNP or other Professional Level network certification in a relevant subject
- Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Knowledge of cloud service technologies and best practices
- ITILv3 certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.