Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer supporting Defense Information Systems Agency in Korea. DISA acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will provide support to the Operational Engineering Division as a member of the Transport team. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
- Provide escalation support for Incident Management operations.
- Manage GTMS ticket reporting, in accordance with Change Management procedures
- If available, use SOPs, TTPs, and WIs to complete Change tasks
- Use SOPs, TTPs, and WIs to complete Change task via CLI on device
- Utilize documentation for best practices to complete task. Interact with more experienced engineers to complete task if needed.
- Perform network monitoring to asses if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting
- Engage with other engineers to determine the best practice and operation of the network to maintain constant operation
- Determine the most efficient configuration of the network based on Engineering documents and experience
- Provide input to Government customer on best practice for the operation and maintenance of the network
- Engage customers to determine solution to reported problems to network outages and degradations experienced
- Support Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) Activities Collect site and device data
- Determine scheduling of maintenance windows and coordinate dispatch of technicians and availability of site personnel
- Provide resolution of Problem Management candidate tickets when possible
- Interact with Problem Coordinator and Government customer for troubleshooting and resolution
- Perform Root Cause analysis to determine reason for continued outage(s)
- Engage vendor support and customer technical assets to determine troubleshooting methodology to use in the resolution or determination of the root cause
- Assist in Ad-hoc engineering support, statistics/data gathering and reporting
- Interact with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to create hardware replacement order
- Provide Mission Support Services (MSS) Support / Sustainment / Compliance
Education & Experience:
- Requires BS and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security within 90 days of start date
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Good technical knowledge of one or more equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet critical schedules or resolve incidents.
- Actively participate in problem solving solutions for the team
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Help team achieve day-to-day objectives and goals
- Able to assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments to achieve results
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.