Participates as a member of an integrated team solving technical problems, providing assistance during all phases of design, installation, and operation of DoD networks, Information Systems, and end user equipment at JAD garrison and deployed environments
- Supports the full system engineering life-cycle for a broad range of network components, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, and implementation
- Monitors and controls daily operation of fixed and deployed JAD laboratory networks (e.g., Development) and enterprise networks (e.g., NIPR, SIPR, Analysis and Data Network)
- Remediates network outages or issues that could lead to an outage
- Performs needs assessments, recommending technologies to enhance current capabilities
- Interacts with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations
Bachelor’s/5 years related experience, or Associate/7 years related experience
- Current baseline certifications meeting IAT-2 requirements
- Ability to complete CCNA training within 6 months
- Capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Climb ladders to install networking assets
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Current baseline certification meeting IAT-3 requirements
- Current CCNP computing environment certification
- Experience with:
- CISCO collaboration tools, routers, switches, firewalls
- US government encryption devices
- Video teleconferencing (VTC), Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
- Virtualized environments
- Fiber/ethernet cabling, wireless/radio technology
- Enclave networks, long haul network communications, and core network operations
- PC based servers and current MS Windows operating system
- TCP/IP, UDP broadcast/multicasting, and other routing protocols
- Professional writing and oral presentation skills
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.